How Your Youth Club Can Join PA West Soccer
PA West Soccer Association is open to any youth soccer club interesting in affiliating with the association. Membership. As defined in the PA West Soccer Bylaws, PA West Soccer offers two types of memberships to youth clubs, 1) Local Soccer Bodies (club/association) and 2) other types of clubs to the extent to which they wish to participate (i.e.--affiliates of other national organizations).
Membership and registration requirements
Clubs wishing to join PA West Soccer must fulfill all the requirements for membership and agree to follow all the association bylaws, rules, policies, and procedures.
PA West Soccer offers two types of clubs:
- Community clubs that manage and arrange soccer programs generally within a limited geographic area. These clubs primarily offer in-house/recreation and travel teams, but can, when applicable, offer classic teams.
- Classic clubs shall manage and arrange soccer program for the advanced competitive players and do not have a defined geographic area.
Please note: players are not restricted to any geographic area and are free to play for any club they feel best suits their needs.
New Club Requirements
All new club must fulfill the following general application requirements:
1. A letter (via regular or email) requesting affiliation that includes the name and address of the club with the club logo.
2. A list by name and title of the member of the Board of Directors; list must include addresses, phone numbers and emails for each.
3. A list by name and title of all committee members; list must include addresses, phone numbers and emails for each.
4. A list by name and title of all operating official(s) including president, vice-president, treasurer, secretary, director(s), coordinator(s), director of coaching, registrar, assignor, commissioner(s), field coordinator(s).
5. A copy of the organization governance (incorporation papers, constitution, bylaws, policies, procedures, etc.)
6. A copy of the organization mission statement.
7. The specific section from the governing document containing the club’s Risk Management Policy/Rules.
8. The specific section from the governing document containing the club’s grievance and hearing & appeals processes (must comply with US Soccer Bylaw 701).
9. The specific section from the governing document containing the club’s Return-To-Play and Health Safety Guidelines.
10. The specific section in the governing document containing information on its affiliation with other soccer organizations and disclosure of any members serving on a Board that is not affiliated with PA West Soccer. Clubs seeking Class A membership with PA West Soccer shall not be part of any non-PA West Soccer organization that creates a conflict of interest with PA West Soccer Rules, policies, or procedures.
11. Disclosure of any known or possible conflict of interest, including a written explanation. Note: New member club applications will be reviewed thoroughly for conflict with existing clubs; where there is doubt or conflict, the application will be tabled until the applicant comes into compliance.
12. A list of all fields to be used for training and games. Copies of permits for fields owned by other entities; proof of ownership for those owed by the club.
13. A check (payable to PA West Soccer) for the initial affiliation fee in the amount of 150.00.
Specific application requirements – New Classic Club
1. A list of the minimum eight (8) required teams to compete in PA West Soccer run leagues (or required US Youth Soccer leagues) during the first seasonal year. Teams must be in the age groups 12U-18U.
2. A new club may only apply for membership as a Classic Club when membership in the Classic Division drops below 12 classic clubs. While the number of classic clubs are limited the number of competitive teams shall have the right to be promoted or relegated based on the team’s results as established in the Youth Division Playing Rules.
Specific application requirements – New Community Clubs
1. A community club must actively participate with players in at least one seasonal program within the state association. To be involved at the travel level only, a club must actively participate with a minimum of 20 individual players for a minimum of two (2) teams playing at a division level of travel or higher.
Specific application requirements – Accredited Futsal Clubs
1. Commitment exclusively to futsal with one (1) year of play before eligible to apply.
2. Offers futsal specific training curriculum and committed to participate in PA West Futsal State Cup.
3. Licensed coaches.
4. Minimum of 40 players in five different age groups, all registered with PA West Futsal.
Merger: If the new club application is a result of a merger of two or more existing clubs, a written acknowledgement by presidents of ALL clubs involved is required.
Changed Status: If the Applicant is a current Member club seeking a NEW STATUS within the State Association, said club must be in current good standing (meeting the given criteria in current status) as well as meet the specific criteria noted for the new status desired by said club.
Deadline for Club Member Application and Fee Submittal (Fee applies to NEW Member applicant only):
Application may occur at any time of the year and must have a club check in the policy amount made payable to PA West Soccer Association accompanying the application. Application and fee must be submitted to the State Office.
- To be eligible for Fall play, fall season deadline is 14 days prior to Youth Board’s May meeting date of that year.
- To be eligible for Spring play, spring season deadline is 14 days prior to the Youth Board’s November meeting date of the previous year.
To submit application documents, mail to: PA West Soccer, 111 Whitehead Lane, Suite 200, Monroeville, PA 15146 Attn: Membership Committee
Application submitted by:
Applying to begin play (check one)
I attest the information provided with this application is true and accurate.