FRISCO, Texas (October 12, 2023) - US Youth Soccer (USYS) is thrilled to kick off its yearlong celebration of its 50th anniversary by revealing the full slate of major events for the 2023-24 season.
The event schedule, which features competition in five U.S. time zones, includes National Championship Series, Presidents Cup and National League events, plus USYS Olympic Development Program (ODP) teams playing in established tournaments against club and international teams for the second-straight year.
Headlining the list is a return to the Stryker Sports Complex in Wichita, Kan., for National Presidents Cup and the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando, Fla., for Nationals to close down our championship season.
Each site was carefully picked to ensure it truly enhances the experience for those involved, setting the stage for a year to remember.
• National League Elite 64 Playoffs: Legacy Park in Mesa, Ariz., from November 3-6, 2023, and November 10-13, 2023.
• National League Conference Playoffs: ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando, Fla., from December 1-4, 2023, and December 8-11, 2023.
• Olympic Development Program (ODP) Interregionals: ChampionsGate Sports Complex in Orlando, Fla., from January 18-22, 2024 (Girls), and January 24-28, 2024 (Boys).
• National League Elite 64 Playoffs: Austin Tindall Sports Complex and ChampionsGate Sports Complex in Greater Orlando, Fla., from January 19-23, 2024, and January 26-30, 2024.
• National League P.R.O.: Tournament Sportsplex of Tampa Bay in Tampa, Fla., from February 23-27, 2024.
• Dallas Cup (ODP): Multiple facilities in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, from March 23-31, 2024.
• Easter International Cup (ODP): Multiple facilities in Greater Orlando, Fla., from March 27-30, 2024.
• National League P.R.O.: SoCal Sports Complex in Oceanside, Calif., from May 3-7, 2024.
• Eastern Presidents Cup: Shawnee Sports Complex in Charleston, W.Va., and the Barboursville Soccer Complex in Barboursville, W.VA., from June 14-18, 2024. • Midwest Presidents Cup: Yankton Trail Park in Sioux Falls, S.D., from June 14-18, 2024.
• Southern Presidents Cup: Russell Creek Park in Plano, Texas, from June 14-18, 2024. • Far West Presidents Cup: Regional Athletic Complex in Salt Lake City, Utah, from June 14-18, 2024.
• Midwest Regional Championships: Garmin Olathe Soccer Complex in Olathe, Kan., and Schools Overland Park Soccer Complex in Overland Park, Kan., from June 21-26, 2024.
• Southern Regional Championships: Tournament Sportsplex of Tampa Bay in Tampa, Fla., and the Lake Myrtle Soccer Complex in Auburndale, Fla., from June 21-27, 2024.
• Far West Regional Championships: Waipio Peninsula Soccer Complex in Honolulu, Hawaii, from June 21-27, 2024.
• Eastern Regional Championships: Shawnee Sports Complex in Charleston, W.Va., and the Barboursville Soccer Complex in Barboursville, W.Va., from June 27 - July 3, 2024.
• National Presidents Cup: Stryker Sports Complex in Wichita, Kan., from July 12-16, 2024.
• National Championships: ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando, Fla., from July 23-28, 2024.
There will be much to recognize in 2024, whether it be the newly-crowned champions of Presidents Cup and our National Championships or USYS’ anniversary. As the calendar gets ready to flip, US Youth Soccer is excited to embark on a year-round celebration commemorating its 50 years of growing the game by revealing new, branded marks for the landmark.
The 50th anniversary marks include primarily blue and primarily red versions of the shield logo, as well as one where the “50” is gold in a nod to the golden anniversary.
US Youth Soccer was founded in 1974 and features 2.5 million players participating annually. Its mission is “To provide world-class support, resources, and leadership, helping every member fulfill their goals on and off the field of play.”
USYS also unveiled a campaign slogan “It Starts with US | Youth Soccer,” where the “US” serves as a double entendre, representing both the word “us” and the United States portion of the organizational name. Video reveal of new campaign slogan and 50th-anniversary mark can be found here.
“We are proud to celebrate our 50th anniversary and thank the millions of players who have donned the USYS shield over the last five decades,” said US Youth Soccer CEO Skip Gilbert. “We recognize those who founded our wonderful organization and the executives at our national office and the State Associations who made — and continue to make — US Youth Soccer what it is today. Most, we want to acknowledge past and present players, coaches, volunteers, parents and family members who are the lifeblood of our organization.”
About the United States Youth Soccer Association (US Youth Soccer)
US Youth Soccer, the largest youth sport organization in the country, is on a mission to provide world-class support, resources, and leadership, helping every member fulfill their goals on and off the field of play. US Youth Soccer registers nearly 2.5 million players annually. Through its programming, resources and leadership, US Youth Soccer is advancing the game for its 54 Member State Associations, 10,000 clubs and leagues and one million administrators, coaches, and volunteers. US Youth Soccer connects families and communities to the power of sports and its shared love of soccer. US Youth Soccer provides a path for every player, coach and referee offering programs that provide a fun, safe and healthy environment at every level of the game.