PA West Soccer Youth Board cancels spring competition including our spring leagues. Due to the uncertain nature of the Stay At Home directive and how long it would take after it’s lifted for social distancing to permit play it was decided to cancel league play, the State Cup, the Presidents Cup, and the Open Tournament.
The suspension of all other activity is extended until June 1, 2020.
Please note: Yellow phase does not permit organized sports activities.
PA West Soccer is working on Return To Play standards for areas as they move into the Green Phase of re-opening the Commonwealth. The Green Phase allows large group gatherings in compliance with CDC recommendations. The standards will help clubs resume play safely and be distributed once they have been approved.
Best Practices for Health:
There is currently no vaccine to prevent the Coronavirus (Covid-19). The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed. Everyday preventive actions should be taken:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow the CDC's recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including Coronavirus.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms to help prevent the spread of the disease.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Below, we've listed some helpful information and links from The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention.
Helpful Information & Links from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
The CDC provides helpful information about COVID-19, and those links are included below for more information about prevention, travel, and other coronavirus resources.
- Coronavirus Prevention & Treatment:
- Coronavirus Travel Information:
Helpful Links On The PA West Soccer Web Site