Saturday, June 11, 2022 - Sunday, June 12, 2022
All Day Event
The Blended National D license is a 40 to 45-hour course, that begins in March 2022 with an online experience and ends with a one or two-day on-field component in June 2022. The course is designed for the grassroots coach working with youth players U6 to U13 in a participation driven environment and focuses on all four game models as outlined in the Player Development Initiatives (4v4 / 7v7 / 9v9 / 11v11).
The goals of the course are to help coaches understand how:
• to create game-like training sessions that encourage players’ ownership (decision-making)
• to create a game day environment that encourages players’ ownership (decision-making)
The learning objectives of this course are to facilitate coach improvement in the Six Tasks of a Coach with an emphasis on developing the team and individual players by learning how:
• to demonstrate an understanding of developmental stages & age characteristics • to observe the game, recognize formations and all player actions
• to further develop a comprehensive understanding of Play-Practice-Play methodology • to organize, execute and reflect on 2 Play-Practice-Play training sessions based on the same goal in 1 week
• to demonstrate an understanding of how to inform, involve and inspire parents
Coaches may be asked to participate in the field component as either coaches or players, so please come prepared to actively learn. Candidates that register for this course are expected to attend all course meetings to be eligible to receive the license.
Eligibility Requirements: A unique combination of three of the eight Grassroots Licenses now formally represent the prerequisite to progress to the U.S. Soccer D License. Specifically, candidates must have completed a minimum of three grassroots courses, in the form of two in-person courses and one online course: • Two in-person courses (one of which must be the 11v11) • One online course across any of the four levels (4v4, 7v7, 9v9, 11v11)
Coaching candidates who have earned the E or F License will have the following opportunities to use those certifications toward the D License prerequisites:
• U.S. Soccer E License Introduction to Grassroots Coaching Module
• U.S. Soccer F License Introduction to Grassroots Coaching Module 11v11 in-person license one other in-person license
• Date: June 11-12, 2022
• Time: Specific on field times TBD
• Location: in Monroeville, PA - Field Location TBD
To register: Click here
Please contact Amy Fogle at email@example.com with any questions.