Wednesday, December 08, 2021
07:00 PM - 09:00 PM
The Blended National D license is a 40 to 45-hour course, that begins in late 2020 with an online experience and ends with a one-day on-field component in early 2022, hosted by PA West Soccer. The course is designed for the grassroots coach working with youth players U6 to U13 in a participation driven environment and focuses on all four game models as outlined in the Player Development Initiatives (4v4 / 7v7 / 9v9 / 11v11).
The goals of the course are to help coaches understand how:
• to create game-like training sessions that encourage players’ ownership (decision-making)
• to create a game day environment that encourages players’ ownership (decision-making)
The learning objectives of this course are to facilitate coach improvement in the Six Tasks of a Coach with an emphasis on developing the team and individual players by learning how:
• to demonstrate an understanding of developmental stages & age characteristics • to observe the game, recognize formations and all player actions
• to further develop a comprehensive understanding of Play-Practice-Play methodology • to organize, execute and reflect on 2 Play-Practice-Play training sessions based on the same goal in 1 week
• to demonstrate an understanding of how to inform, involve and inspire parents
Coaches who register for this course can expect up to 3 to 5 hours weekly learning opportunities that will feature a mixture of independent learning using online modules and live virtual meetings led by a licensed U.S. Soccer Instructor. Coaches will be asked to participate in discussions so each person should have access to the internet and a web-camera/live video capabilities. The virtual meetings will take place agreed upon days and times (see below). Coaches may be asked to participate in the field component as either coaches or players, so please come prepared to actively learn. Candidates that register for this course are expected to attend all course meetings to be eligible to receive the license.
Eligibility Requirements: A unique combination of three of the eight Grassroots Licenses now formally represent the prerequisite to progress to the U.S. Soccer D License. Specifically, candidates must have completed a minimum of three grassroots courses, in the form of two in-person courses and one online course: • Two in-person courses (one of which must be the 11v11) • One online course across any of the four levels (4v4, 7v7, 9v9, 11v11)
Coaching candidates who have earned the E or F License will have the following opportunities to use those certifications toward the D License prerequisites:
• U.S. Soccer E License Introduction to Grassroots Coaching Module
• U.S. Soccer F License Introduction to Grassroots Coaching Module 11v11 in-person license one other in-person license
First Meeting (December 8, 2021)
• Opening Webinar Date: (December 8, 2021)
• Opening Webinar Time: (7:00 PM - 9:00 PM)
• Opening Webinar Link: (link will be e-mailed to all candidates on December 6, 2021 by 2:00 PM)
Development Period: The Development Period is the time in between the initial meeting and the on-field component. The Development Period will consist of weekly learning opportunities that will feature a mixture of independent learning using online modules and live virtual meetings led by a licensed U.S. Soccer Instructor. Coaches will be asked to participate in discussions so each person should have access to the internet and a web-camera/live video capabilities. The virtual meetings will take place agreed upon days and times (see below). It is vital that candidates have access to a grassroots team during this period so that they can practically apply what they learned during the Development Period.
• Weekly Webinar Date(s): (Every Tuesday and/or Thursday to be determined by candidates and instructors)
• Weekly Webinar Time: (7:00 PM - 9:00PM)
• Weekly Webinar Link: (will be e-mailed to candidates on December 6, 2021)
• Date: March 6
• Time: (10:00 AM - 2:00 PM)
• Location: (Ambridge Area High School, 909 Duss Avenue, Ambridge, PA 15003)
To register: Click here
Please contact Amy Fogle at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.