The USSF National D License is a 36 hour course designed for the experienced coach who has already completed the E License. The focus of the course is to improve a coach's ability to positively influence individual players and teams. The course is taught over two weekends and the candidates must complete BOTH weekends.
What are the key components of the "D"License course?
- Develop the core coaching competencies necessary to effectively teach the 13-14 year old athlete and team
- Understand the characteristics and needs of an athlete in the Intermediate State of US Soccer's Athlete Development Model
- Build on the foundation of knowledge and experience in order to proceed through the sequence of coaching development courses.
What are the specific target outcomes of the course?
- Teach the Principles of Play in a training environment (7 v 7 to 9 v 9).
- Apply the Principles of Play to functional group roles in a full team system.
- Plan a sequence of training and weekly cycles to complete a season plan.
August 18, 2017 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. (classroom only)
August 19, 2017 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (field and classroom sessions)
August 20, 2017 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. or finish (field and classroom sessions)
November 10, 2017 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. (classroom only)
November 11, 2017 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (field and classroom sessions)
November 12, 2017 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (field and classroom sessions)
Candidates should bring a ball, pen and notepad and dress to play!
Cost/coach: $250 includes both weekends. Make all checks payable to -
PA West Soccer, 111 Whitehead Lane, Suite 200, Monroeville, PA 15146
All candidates must have completed the E License at least 6 months prior to 8/18/17.
Candidates who would like to Upgrade must register online and attend the only the 2nd weekend. The Upgrade fee is $125/coach.
For the US Soccer D License course description and pre-course requirements use this link.